Language Department of Chapel Secondary School
The languages department has 12 competent staff whose years of teaching experience in the school range from 6 – 18. Three language subjects- English studies, French and Yoruba are offered in the department in the junior secondary classes. In the senior classes, we take Literature in English, English Language, French and Yoruba.
The language department of the school features in co-curricular activities in the following areas:
• Planning and organising intra and inter school debate competitions
• Organising drama presentations
• Organising educational tours
• Supervision of the FCS tracts production
Some of our achievements over the years includes but are not limited to the following:
• We have recorded 100% credit passes in English Language, French and Yoruba (SSCE WAEC/NECO) over the years.
• We have won medals in competitions such as debates, spelling bees etc.
• We have a French film successfully produced by our students and French Teachers.
Warm welcome to you from the Language department of Chapel Secondary. Here at the department, we are known for excellence. Our primary assignment is to ensure that our students are rooted in the technicalities of modern day language use.